Saturday, April 15, 2006

Rode to Albemarle, NC

Today I rode to Albemarle, NC with my friends Mike and Pam; Pam's Aunt Bill and cousin Bobby and his wife Gail live up there, so we rode up to visit and ride a bit. They're cool folks; I was the lone non-Harley, but they were accepting. :-) I noticed Bobby kept looking at my VFR, and he finally asked to sit on it; I think he secretly wants one. :D We had both lunch and dinner at the Log Cabin Barbecue, though I followed Bobby's advice and didn't have their barbecue. The hamburger topped with chili and spicy red slaw was quite tasty at lunch, and the hamburger steak and baked beans and slaw for dinner were excellent. We all rode out to Morrow Mountain State Park and enjoyed the cool breeze (which was very welcome on this 90 degree day) and nice vistas. Lots of bikes were up there, almost all of which were Harleys, but everyone was cool. We left at 9:00 and got home around midnight, covering around 325 miles. Very fun day.

Morrow Mountain State Park Overlook



Harleys and a lone VFR at Mount Morrow



89-year-old Aunt Bill; she's a hoot!



VFR at Aunt Bill's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home