Tuesday, May 25, 2010

West Columbia Car Show

On May 8 I decided to head over to the West Columbia Riverwalk Amphitheater for the weekly Saturday night Rhythm on the River free concert, and en route I passed a car show going on in the Big Lots parking lot, so I stopped and wandered amongst the displayed cars for an hour or so before continuing on to the concert.



My dad had a GTO like this in his youth


Where's the engine?


In the trunk, where else? :-)




Similar to the car my family had while I was growing up and in which I learned to drive.


I love the 80's era Monte Carlo SS. The fact that this one was for sale was tempting. :-)






Classic car riding on a classic truck


The evening's entertainment, Angela Easterling and the Beguilers, a country/folk band whose music I enjoyed very much.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Millions of Exaggerations said...

If you're ever free on a Friday or Saturday evening, there's apparently a car club that meets in the K-Mart parking lot in Camden...its a pretty impressive showing and many of them are show worthy. Also, I fell victim of "Clinnon" today...someone included that in their directions and I had to ask what they were talking about....

 
At Friday, May 28, 2010 1:55:00 PM, Blogger Millions of Exaggerations said...

Got more info on the car thingy in Camden if you're ever interested. Its called the Camden K-Mart Cruise-In and its on Fridays from 6-9pm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home