Saturday, April 29, 2006

Ride to Maggie Valley, NC

Today I rode up to Maggie Valley, NC. I rode I-26 to Greenville, SC, then took US276 through Brevard, NC to Maggie Valley. I stopped at a favorite coffee shop of mine in Brevard, Quotations, for a cup of joe. They have excellent coffee and good sandwiches and quiches as well.



I absolutely love US276 heading over Caesar's Head and going north out of Brevard. Great twisties and excellent scenery. I passed Looking Glass Falls between Brevard and Maggie Valley.


My plan was to eat at Butts on the Creek in Maggie Valley; it was recommended to me by my buddy Daryl. It was not meant to be, though, as it turns out they've thrown in the towel.


I rode through Maggie Valley looking for somewhere else to eat, but nothing really caught my eye, so I decided to wait until I passed back through Brevard. I hopped on the Blue Ridge Parkway, another favorite road of mine, and rode if for about 50 miles back to US276.







In passing back through Brevard, I found my restaurant, a place called Hawg Wild on US276 right after leaving the Pisgah National Forest. Excellent barbecue, sides, price, and service; I highly recommend it.


I was gone for around 10 hours and covered about 450 miles. I was exhausted at the end, but it was that really good exhausted feeling. Needless to say, I slept very well last night! More Photos

1 Comments:

At Monday, April 01, 2013 7:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Payne,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Maggie Valley to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home