Monday, February 25, 2008

Found a New Covered Bridge in Georgia

The Georgia DOT has a website detailing 15 accessible covered bridges in the state, and I am on a mission to visit them all; thus far I have visited seven. I was out riding in eastern GA north of Augusta this past Saturday and stumbled upon one that is not listed on that website! It is right off of Highway 104 northwest of Evans on the southwest side of a small pond/lake; here's a map; you can see it if you switch to the Satellite view and zoom in. What a surprise to find it! It's not old and historic, but it's nonetheless a covered bridge.



Had a great ride; it was a beautiful day to be out. I covered about 200 miles over the course of about four hours. I pulled into the Lincolnton Post Office to snap a photo, and a fellow wandered over to chat. Turns out he rides a ZX-9R and had just gotten off work and was heading home to take it out for a spin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home