Sunday, August 08, 2010

Blythewood Balloon Festival

On the July 4th weekend, the city of Blythewood, just north of Columbia, hosted a hot air balloon festival. I headed over on the evening of Saturday the 3rd for the wrap-up festivities, where the balloons were inflated and tethered rides were given - the balloons were tied to the ground and allowed to ascend about 50 feet or so, so balloons were constantly going up and down swapping out passengers. I didn't really care to do that (though I would love to take an actual flight in a balloon some day) but I enjoyed seeing them inflated and going up and down. Nice way to spend an evening, and I had a nice motorcycle ride out there and back. :-)











They run on propane - the same as your barbecue grill, only in larger canisters. This balloon had the two that you see here plus another 4, I believe.


The burner








1 Comments:

At Monday, August 09, 2010 8:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a great event!! Please do it again next year if not sooner! Good for you Blythewood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home