Friday, November 17, 2006

Ride through rural western South Carolina

Today I rode a 200 mile loop through Batesburg-Leesville, Johnston, Edgefield, Augusta and Aiken. I didn't have a route in mind; it was one of those days of following the front wheel, which often leads to some great rides. It was truly a beautiful day for riding, and I encountered very little traffic on the back roads I rode. In Ward I found a neat old Methodist church with some neat old grave markers in the cemetery.




I then travelled through Edgefield, where I passed Strom Thurmond's birthplace.
I then explored a few small towns, including Trenton and Eureka, on my way to Augusta, where I enjoyed a catfish dinner at a favorite restaurant of mine, Beamie's on the River, before heading homeward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home