Saturday, August 21, 2010

Cowboy Junkies Concert in Asheville

On July 23 I got to see the Cowboy Junkies in concert for a second time! I saw them in February 2009 at the Orange Peel in Asheville, NC, and they played again at this awesome venue. This time I had my trusty sidekick with me; she's not a Junkies fan, but she enjoyed the show.

We got to Asheville in the early afternoon and found that a HUGE annual street fair was in progress. There were lots of vendor booths and music stages, and we had a great time wandering around checking it all out. I especially enjoyed a very eclectic band called Blind Boy Chocolate and the Milk Sheiks; you can view a song of theirs on YouTube (not filmed by me, just one I found.) One of the guys plays a handsaw with a violin bow, making a very cool Theremin-like sound.



After a required visit to the Mast General Store (can't wait until the one coming to Columbia is built!) we enjoyed a very good meal at the Asheville Brewing Company, where I had an excellent black bean veggie burger and fries and a couple of pints of their outstanding porter.

We then headed over to the Orange Peel a bit early to snag a good spot in line; all tickets are general admission, so the early birds are rewarded with seats up front. We did indeed get great seats in the front row and were treated to an outstanding concert.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home